SEO Tips for Boat Dealerships You Can Do in 2 Hours a Week
We understand, you’ve got boats to sell and people to see. Like most boat dealers, you want to focus your time and energy on boats, on selling, on the marine industry, and not on computers and the internet. It’s SaltLife, not DigitalLife. No worries, this quick guide is filled with SEO tips for boat dealerships that you can implement in a few hours a week.
Who are we and why are we qualified to tell you how to manage your boat dealership website?
We are Marine SEO, an SEO company for the boating industry. We take the marine industry and digital industry seriously, so you can focus on your niche.
Here’s how to get your site to rank better on Google:
Why Focus on SEO?
SEO is important for boat dealerships. Ranking high for Google terms:
- Let’s buyers and sellers know your dealership is trustworthy.
- Gives you more leads and more businesses.
- Get’s your brand out there.
Your website is so important to your sales and overall brand management, so let’s get it noticed. And the best part is that once you optimize your boat dealership website well, you don’t have to go back and make changes for a while. It’s a one-and-done strategy that works for a few months at a time.
In this list of SEO tips for Boat Dealerships, we have organized each point so that the most important point is at the top. The important stuff will be a little more complicated, but that’s what will give you the edge over all the other boat dealers.
We have narrowed it down to easy SEO management for busy boat dealers. You should be able to fix each issue in 2 hours per week.
5 SEO Quick Fixes for Your Marine Website
1 – Local SEO (Week 1)
Marine marketing agencies focus on local SEO first. When you Google a boat dealership, you will see a box located on the right-hand side. It’s called a Knowledge Panel. It should list your business details. Here is an example of Yacht Management South Florida, one of our clients:
You want your box to be there and to be completely up to date! Here’s everything you need to know about adding your business here or changing what shows up.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Choose the business you’d like to verify, then click Verify now.
- Make sure that you can directly answer your business phone number to receive your verification code.
- Click Verify by phone to have the code sent to your phone via automated message.
- Enter the code from the message.
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
- Zoom in to the map where you want to add your business.
- In the bottom right, click Send Feedback.
- Click Add a missing place.
- Drag the marker where your business is, and add any relevant information.
- Click Submit.
Claim Your Business
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for your business.
- In the card below the search box, click Are you the business owner?
- Claim and verify your business.
Once you have a knowledge panel up and running, you can use Google Posts, to post coupons and lure more customers to your businesses. Posts will only last one week, so be sure to consistently post and use an attractive image! You can get some good free images like Pixabay.
2 – Directories (Week 2 &3)
We apologies right now because this is not going to be fun. You’re going to be signing up for a bunch of social media profiles for your dealership. Take your time and do it right! It’s very important. Of all the other SEO tips for boat dealerships, this is most tedious, but also so vital to improving your website’s ranking.
Yellow Pages is an example of a directory. Profiles on high-end directories like Yellow Pages, Yelp, or the Better Business Bureau, increase the reach of your website, the rank of your website and they allow customers to leave reviews, boosting your trustworthiness.
Submitting to directories can be a real pain in the butt, but if you tackle 2 a week in your 2 hours, it will be won’t seem so frustrating.
Tips for submitting your website to a directory:
- Use the full and proper name of your business.
- Make sure all your information is consistent across all directories. Name, Address and Phone number should be EXACTLY the same on every directory.
- Upload a few pictures.
- Write a little “about us” and place that on the directories. You can use the same one across all of them. Be descriptive, talk about who you are and what services you offer.
- Make sure you pay close attention to the TAGS the directories ask for. You want to ensure your website is listed in boat dealerships, the marine industry, or something similar. Those tags are recognized by Google!
Here are a few of the free directories you want to add to. Click each link to be taken to the add business page:
- Yellow Pages
- The Better Business Bureau
- Insider Pages
- Super Pages
- Your Local Chamber of Commerce (you will have to pay membership fees)
Take the time to do it right!
3 – Optimize Your Home Page (Week 4)
Your home page is arguably one of the most important, if not the most important page on your entire website. You need to optimize it.
This one is a little technical but not complicated. If you’re nervous, ask a web developer, SEO expert or do a little digging yourself.
- You should have links to all your most important pages from your home page. Put those links in the menu bar or in the content, or in buttons on the homepage.
- Make sure that your home page is getting to the point. What you offer and who you are. Use words that explain you are a boat dealer, what kind of boats you buy and sell, and where you are located. Think of it like an elevator pitch filled with very specific keywords that sum up your services.
- Use friendly but decisive language. Clean, clear, and short sentences.
- Put in some really eye-catching images, but don’t flood the screen with images.
You can find a lot of information about optimizing your boat dealership site all over the internet. Stick to these basics and you will be in smooth waters.
4 –Facebook/Instagram (Week 5 – ongoing)
Your dealership needs a social presence.
Signing up for Facebook and Instagram is a vital part of any good SEO strategy for boat dealerships. The steps are really easy, just follow of few of these tips to make sure it’s worth it.
- Post something once a week, even if it’s just a silly update and even if you don’t get any hits for months, keep posting. Pictures work best on Facebook too!
- The most you post the better you’ll get, keep track of what works and what doesn’t.
- Make sure all your company information is correct.
- Boost posts!
- Build a community through shared knowledge and interests. Don’t just pitch people all the time.
Keep it at!
5 – Blogs (Week 6 – ongoing)
Just like social media, you should always be updating and sharing news on your website. Write blogs about the industry or just about company news.
Here are a few tips for your dealership’s blog:
- Post about boat sales!
- Post about any events you go to, sponsor or host.
- Try to stay away from opinions. Instead, write blogs that are more insightful and have sources if possible. Google likes to see that you’ve done a little research!
- Talk about industry trends. Google Boat dealerships and click news. See what’s going on and discuss it.
- Always include an image!
- Always stay focused on one topic per blog. The most focused the blog post the better.